Tuesday, October 2, 2007

09.23.07 Matthew + Vanessa



Two Sundays ago was a kind of homecoming for me, returning to Lauxmont Farms near York, Pennsylvania.

Lauxmont is, absolutely, one of the most beautiful venues on the East Coast.

It had been nearly two years since I was there to photograph one of my very first weddings for Cat & Joe. That was, by far, the most successful wedding I had ever shot and those images are still all over the website. The opening image of the site, a picture showing a couple at dusk walking toward their reception, was shot there.

I was more than excited to return to Lauxmont for Matthew and Vanessa.

I hadn't met Matthew yet because he serves in the military but it was quick to figure out he was a perfect match for Vanessa. It was a perfect couple at a perfect venue on a beautiful Sunday afternoon.

Douglas

1 comment:

mustafah said...

beautiful, doug. the staggered silhouettes and the portraits of the bride and groom are tops.