Sunday, January 6, 2008

Hooper & Me


I shot a dog in my basement.

Well, I photographed him, I should say.

Hooper is one of the hundreds of homeless dogs who live at The Center for Animal Health & Welfare, the shelter where my wife Wendy spends a lot of time volunteering. Our circle of friends includes a lot of gifted photographers & it was Wendy's genius idea to create a gallery of portraits to put in a show and raise money for The Center.

Our friends really stepped up and created some wonderful images including fellow wedding photographer - and uber talented - Alison Conklin. So did my buddy Joe Craig and a bunch of other great Lehigh Valley photographers.

The show will run the entire month of February at PopMart, 38 West Broad Street in downtown Bethlehem.

Here's a snap Wendy shot of me shooting Hooper, a big, loveable pit that I hope gets adopted soon.

Best,
Douglas

8 comments:

Sandy3w said...

Love this picture!!!

Sandy3w said...

Both pictures are beautiful!!! can wait for the exhibit!!!

Sandy3w said...

I meant to say- "Can't" wait... sorry.

Anonymous said...

Love the puppy!
Wish I could come see the show!

mustafah said...

lauri just emailed me some frames from the opening night. looked fantastic, mate. wish i could´ve been there, but patagonia ain´t half bad...

Anonymous said...

Doug,

I love the photo! The event was fantastic and thank you to you and Wendy for being such great hosts. I wanted to share with you the link to the little teaser story I put together. I will have a longer piece in a few days but this was a little bit of fun!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWlwtKfftEA

Bill Crumlic

Unknown said...

That is the cutest dog I have ever seen! Wish I lived in a larger place, so I could ask if he was still available! Hope you're doing well, and I hope he is in a loving home.

Anonymous said...

Hooper is still available for adoption... He's very sweet and has a great personality. I wish I could take him also.