Wednesday, May 7, 2008

05.03.08 Kristen + Anthony



Photo District News, a magazine for professional photographers, published a review of engaged couples reviewing websites of wedding photographers.

Their chief complaint? "It doesn't look real." Too Photoshopped. Too saturated. Too unreal.

I agree with them: it's all about the real. It's more about what's going on in the picture and less about the techniques the photographer applies to the image after it's taken.

Which brings me to Anthony and Kristen. Their happiness on their wedding day - Kristen's absolute joy - made these pictures great.

I sent Kristen a note tonight saying that I've shot lots and lots of weddings but I don't remember any that pleased me as much as hers.

Anthony & Kristen: Thank You. It was a real pleasure.

Best,
Douglas

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Still loving your stuff, probably always will. :)