Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Dream Flight



I'm going to interrupt the wedding blog to include a bit from my other photography life.

One of my favorite corporate clients is the Lehigh Valley International Airport. It's a cool place to make pictures.

Every year the airport staff volunteer to host the Dream Come True "North Pole Express Flight," an opportunity for sick kids to ride in a plane to the North Pole, visit Santa, get gifts and forget about their troubles for a little while.

This is the second time I've photographed the event. It's always thrilling and inspiring. Little kids from all walks of life, kids that have already suffered more hardship than the rest of us ever will, all lost in the bliss of Christmas.

I was working on the pictures this morning and thought I would share a few here.

Best,
Douglas

4 comments:

Jasmin... said...

WOnderful Douglas!
Your pictures of this wonderful event made me cry, because of the happiness these little kids showed although they have to suffer a lot more than I ever had. And I felt stupid, because I complain so much about my life... Thanks for sharing!

Douglas said...

Jassi,

I know what you mean.

It kind of puts things in perspective.

Thanks for stopping by.
d

Anonymous said...

this is such a great event. what wonderful and emotional photos.

Alisa Tongg Weiler, Enthusiast said...

When I saw your image of the boy looking out of the plane window, I felt wonder and magic and how big the world was. When I read the background story about the flight, I looked back at the picture and I cried. That's beautiful. Thank you for sharing.