Friday, November 5, 2010

Wendy + Douglas



If you've known me less than five years, you probably won't recognize me in the photo above.

Today is my anniversary.

It was one of the happiest days of my life & I am thankful to have these pictures to remember it. I see these images and I'm instantly there: Our family & friends, some no longer living, all celebrating along with us.

They are moments in time kept forever.

It makes me feel like my job is important, doing this for other people. Something I tell second shooters when they first start working for me: The images you make today will be important for 100 years. We have one shot at this. Don't screw it up.

My photographers certainly didn't.

Happy anniversary, babe.

Douglas

p.s. The photographers: Chien-Chi Chang, Robb Hill, Thomas Broening, Tom Volk, Dan Delong, Laura Lakeway, Steve Pestrock & Craig Walker.







No comments: