Friday, April 29, 2011

Leah + Doug



In 2005 I was a staff photographer at The Morning Call newspaper and a very young Leah Craver walked into the office looking for work.

Leah was a wedding photographer, fresh out of school, and her entire portfolio was wedding photography.

Really, really good wedding photography.

Photojournalism-style wedding photography was just coming into vogue and it had gotten my attention. I asked Leah to let me tag along on one of her weddings.

So Leah was the first of many to help me find my way & it was nothing short of thrilling to photograph Leah's wedding to Doug a few weeks ago in North Carolina.

This is not hyperbole: I have never seen as much joy and love as I did at Leah & Doug's wedding. Not even close. Love between Leah and Doug, Leah and her dad, her mom, her sister, Doug and his brothers and parents.

Leah & Doug: You amazed and moved me. Thank you. It was a complete thrill to see this thing come full circle.

d


























2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok, this made me cry.
in a good way of course.
your photographs were more amazing than usual.
thank you thank you thank you

DENISE said...

These photos are absolutely stunning! I wasn't able to make it to Leah's wedding so looking at these photos really give me a glimpse into the emotion of the day! I am so happy for her and Doug!!!!!!