Sunday, May 23, 2010

Right Now



I'm finishing up Kate & Eric's wedding tonight. I came across this image and wanted to share it here now.

It's a picture of Kate and her mom near the end of the reception. It's a wonderful moment. It sums up everything I want to accomplish in photography: keeping moments like this forever.

I think it's about as close as we can get to keeping life from slipping away from us.

Mrs. Weber's house is filled with pictures of her family, pictures going back to when Kate was little and right up to a few months ago when her sister got married in Florida. It's all there on the walls of her house.

I would really like to go back there some day and see this one hanging along with the others.

Kate & Eric: I'm a little bit late with these. I'm sorry. Soon! I promise it will be worth the wait.

Douglas

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

just amazing! this is the kind of mother daughter moment we cherish for lifetimes... what a lucky girl to have had you capture it so beautifully!